If you’re like many people, you were introduced to the word collagen many years ago because some celebrity received collagen injections in their lips or elsewhere and ultimately ended up looking, well, different. In a way, it got the public’s general relationship with collagen off on the wrong foot. Why? Because collagen is so much more than that. It’s not just some beauty product reserved for the super-wealthy you see on reality television…
Let’s start with the basics, what is the largest organ in the human body? Tricky question. The answer is – the skin. According to Live Science, the skin accounts for about 16% of your total body weight and covers 22 square feet. We could go on forever about the skin, but to keep it short and sweet just look at your own. It does more things than we probably realize. It senses pain and touch, produces sweat and oil, grows hair (in some places we aren’t too keen on sometimes), brings blood to skin to nourish and regulate body temperature and fights infection. Cue collagen, the mortar that holds the bricks together. Collagen is the most abundant protein found in your body and is actually called the glue that holds your body together. It’s the major component of connective tissue and maintains the structure and integrity of your skin, muscle tissue.
Clearly, collagen is a big deal, but let’s talk about why you’re about to supplement it using Hydrolyzed Collagen Peptides from Zammex Nutrition.
1) Ease Joint and Knee Pain – This has nothing to do with being an athlete or just an everyday person getting older by the day. In a study published by the National Center for Biotechnology Information, supplementation of collagen showed to improve and support joint health and reduce the risk of joint deterioration.
2) Improve Skin Elasticity – Attention ladies (and men)! There are proven studies that show women between ages 35 and 55 observed noticeable differences in skin elasticity after supplementing collagen for just 8 weeks. The impact of the supplementation proved to be more dramatic the older the test subject (as collagen production declines with age).
3) Hair and Nail Growth – If you’re starting to notice you’re breaking your nails more often and they are slower to grow back – the good news is collagen supplementation has your back on this one as well. The Journal of Cosmetic Dermatology says that collagen will improve nail growth, decrease percent of broken nails and improve formerly brittle nails. The same can be said about hair as dermatologist contend you will see improved hair regrowth and hair health.
4) Brain Health – Scientists have learned more and more that neurons in the brain are rich in collagen. By increasing your collagen intake, you can protect your brain against amyloid-beta proteins, which are believed to be one of the causes of Alzheimer’s. These proteins result in a form of plaque that is typically found on Alzheimer’s patients’ brains.
5) Heart Health – A buildup of plaque in your arteries over the years puts your health in great danger. It could lead to heart attack and stroke. It’s easy to think that this isn’t you. You eat healthy and exercise – I don’t need to worry about something like this. The truth of the matter is you may not, however knowing that collagen supplementation reduces cholesterol and can prevent and treat the build up of plaque in the arteries according to the National Heart, Lung and Blood Institute is another benefit of collagen supplementation we’ll gladly reap!
We’ve outlined the benefits of using our Hydrolyzed Collagen product, but we didn’t discuss why to use our Hydrolyzed Collagen Peptides.
Zammex Nutrition’s core principal is “Purity Realized”. All our products are derived from natural sources and treated with the utmost care. We believe that our consumers should know exactly what they are getting and nothing more. In our previous blog, we highlighted the importance of the source of the collagen. Our raw materials ALWAYS come from grass-fed, pasteurized bovine. If you do decide to supplement collagen, it’s imperative you find this callout. Once that box is checked, let’s move to other important features.
1) Our Collagen Peptides are hydrolyzed using a unique enzyme process. Why is hydrolysis important? Simple. What’s easier to absorb, something large or something small? Our hydrolysis process not only makes the peptide chain smaller for more efficient absorption it also makes our product ultimately odorless and taste-free.
2) Granulation vs. Powder – This one might slip past the average consumer, but for a product that you’re mixing with something you want it to dissolve well and not clump. Our product is uniquely granulated which makes it heavier. This allows it to drop in liquid and while it drops it absorbs. If you’ve ever used fine powder it floats on the surface and clumps. You can consume Zammex Collagen Peptides in just about anything and never know it’s there!
3) Some other fine points to call out:
a. Our collagen has ZERO fat, sugar, gluten, cholesterol and is GMO-free
b. We ensure every single product is 3rd party tested and is produced under GMP standards
We appreciate you taking the time to read out blog and getting reacquainted with collagen. It’s come a long way from puffy lips! Time to get your own!