Signs Your Natural Collagen Production is in Decline?
The buzz around collagen supplementation has taken full-flight and it isn’t about to go away anytime soon. Why? Because there is clinically proven evidence out there that as you age your natural collagen production declines and supplementation DOES help to reverse the effects of this decline. Without listing every study, generally speaking collagen supplementation has been shown to have positive effects on the skin, hair, nails, joints, tendons and more without any adverse side effects.
The most common question we get asked is – “Should I take collagen?” or “Is collagen right for me?”. It’s a basic question, but the truth is there is a lot to look at before just saying “YES!” to sell a product. It starts with taking a holistic view of your overall health and wellness. This includes both outside and inside your body. If you feel like you have some issues that collagen may be able to help with because you’ve read the benefits of supplementing, you’re on the right track. However, if you aren’t sure – here are some signs your natural collagen production is in decline.
- Skin aging – Two words that could scare anyone. This encompasses everything from wrinkles, elasticity, fresh appearance, sagging etc. Like I said, scary, but a natural part of aging and collagen production decline.
- Brittle nails – Are your nails starting to appear rough and ragged? Do they peal and chip a lot – this is a common sign of collagen decline that supplementing can support.
- Hair loss, thinning and graying – It’s bad enough that as you age your hair naturally thins and sheds as your collagen production declines, but then throw in an event like childbirth, surgery, and more and it’s a recipe for hair disaster. Fortunately, clinical studies show collagen has you covered on this one!
- Tendon & Joint Pain – Feeling aches and pains in joint and tendons as you age is common especially if you’re physically active. Your joints and tendons are made up of Type I collagen and supplementing this product will provide you with some relief and support if you do it properly. Furthermore, there have been studies that show taking collagen has a positive impact on the entire musculoskeletal system for women.
- Loss of lean body mass – This naturally occurs as well especially if you aren’t exercising. Collagen is a readily available source of protein and amino acids which promote lean body mass!
- Other – There are some other applications from collagen, which we’ll call secondary, that are starting to gain more attention. One that particular interests us is the impact collagen supplementation has on gut health. If you have heart burn, ulcers, digestive issues or leaky gut/IBS you may want to consider collagen supplementation to help with some of these issues. Your entire system starts with proper gut health and utilization of nutrients, so this is one we hope continues to have more studies behind it.
Let’s close with discussing Zammex Nutrition’s Hydrolyzed Collagen Peptides. If you’ve read this blog and feel like you connect to some of these issues, you’re going to want a collagen supplement you can trust. One that is pure – no artificial ingredients or ANYTHING FAKE. One that is naturally sourced from pasture-raised, grass-fed bovine. Most important, one that is easily soluble and 100% bioavailable. Zammex Nutrition can claim the highest absorption rate of any product in the market – which means your body will optimally utilize it when you ingest!
Give Zammex a shot and reverse the aging process starting today!